Sunday, April 17, 2011

From France with love

Care package from France

My best friend is living abroad and I think I get to reap the benefits, this just came in the mail over the weekend and I'm so excited to break it open. Unfortunately there were German Ginger cookies inside I already consumed before I photographed...So all I can say about those is that they were a buttery, gingery perfection.

These are delicate strawberry jam filled wafers. The jam is chewy and a bit gummy. Its a nice little midnight snack.


This cracks me up! Quinoa chocolate from Ethiopia, I think the one person who has my taste in adventure and food, buys me this! Quinoa is in chocolate is great because its used as a rice crispy substitute. YUM!

I used the herbed fleur de sel today to dust my salad dressing yum!!! Fleur de sel is delicate tasting sea salt, its in the name. I'm so excited to use this!!


So I'm going to have to save this for like some sort of life milestone! How cool is this! It's got nuggets of flower in the chocolate. I can't wait to try it. I've had pepper, chillies, bacon, lavender, salt...basically you name it I've tasted in chocolate. But I can't wait to dive in to this beauty!

When its rainy and cold outside because I'm living in the land of rain and fog, its nice to have a taste of warmth from across the pond.


4 comments:

  1. It's hard to read, but why is the other package of Fleur de Sel darker in color? I love fleur de sel. My dad has a package after he watched an episode of Alton Brown and AB suggested using it. We used it on a dish at Easter and it added a flavorful, crunch that we just LOVED. Thanks for sharing about your food with your photography. I can relate because I hoard recipes with the intention of cooking them 'someday'. Reality checks in, though, and says that I also need recipes that I can find, inevitably modify and use *today*. happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The package your referring to says "fluer de sel, herbs de re au provence" is a blend of spices as well. primarily rosemary. It has the most wonderful herb smell. I still hoard a ton of recipes I've yet to dissect. But, I always say all good things come to those in time. Happy recipe spotting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. who's your mamma??!

    love you , linda

    ReplyDelete