Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving substitute

I am currently on Detox Day 15: Lost 8 lbs or so- I think nothings official till i get on Dr. Nancy's scale. 6 more days to put my all into this fight. lately keeping a good and clean diet is enough of a fight so i'm not going to even stress about working out. you can always work out, that is never a negative, but once you add bad food to your system it causes a domino effect. Therefore if you had to choose, choose to eat right first and everything else is secondary...to partying, drinking, holidays. I would even tell someone if you really care about detox, start the day before thanksgiving...power through and if you can really muster that much courage to resist the temptation, you'll never be more proud of yourself, you will deeply love yourself and it will be the best accomplishment you've ever made for yourself. Don't delay progress, never delay. Food will always be there, your health may not. esteem yourself and start today!

Not all is lost on detox, the revolving question of "what do you want to eat and I'll find you an alternative" is still there. I know mashed potatoes is a guilty pleasure for many. that creamy salty sweet flavor that melts in your mouth, I get it. So I was at wholefoods one day. Staring at the cauliflower I thought hmm they make cream of broccoli...what can i do with this..and when I think of it blended up, it would logically look like mashed potatoes, and voila, I decided that's exactly what I'd do.

The recipe is quite simple. The only difference is rather then mashing, you blend! I discovered later on, Dr. Nancy told me that its an atkins recipe. EVEN BETTER! Because then I can say that I spotted this recipe and I'm making it better!

CAULIFLOWER THANKSGIVING MASH


Ingredients:

Butter 1/4 stick

sea salt

mashed garlic

crushed red pepper

green onions (one bunch)/ or chives

2 heads of cauliflower


Instructions:

1. Cut up cauliflower and put it in a pot to boil.

2. once boiled and soft enough to your liking, drain out the water and throw it into the blender while still nice and hot.

3. blend slowly without any liquids, it might take awhile but it will start to look smooth and creamy.

3. add in the stick of butter to melt while blending

4. add in the red pepper, garlic, and sea salt to taste.

5. instantly serve or store in Tupperware to slowly consume.


No comments:

Post a Comment