Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweet Decadence


This brownie is soo yummy, its moist, cake-like, yet a little fudgy and full of surprises. Its a dark chocolate cheesecake marble semisweet chocolate chip brownie! Such a description should give you a thorough idea of how delish this treat is. But the kicker is....drum roll....ITS GLUTEN FREE ORGANIC! YES! ladies and gents, its almost so good for you its sinful! I wanted something I love almost more then getting skinny to kick start my blog... CHOCOLATE! chocolate is everything to me. its comfort food, its refined, and royal. In its purest form, it hits such sophisticated notes that could parallel wine. It's pliable and versatile! Add butter and sugar and you have ganache, add milk and it becomes light and fun. Add it to your life and it will make you happy. I'm not talking about the stuff you get at the dollar store. I'm talking about raw cacao that artists have learned how to crack its shell and draw out the depth of this illustrious fruit flavor to create a harmonious balance between too much--and not enough.

I started this blog because 7 months ago I hit a wall. I realized that if I didn't take back my life and get healthy. I was going to be sick and depend on medicine when I get old and gray. I was 27 years old and I wasn't living out my potential. I was 5'1 and 223lbs. I had 40% body fat and had an internal age of a 40 year old! I was on the brink of diabetes, and suffering from painful acid reflux. I had nerve and back pains that made me miserable. So I had to get healthy. I sought out Dr. Nancy Le, DC. ( http://www.yelp.com/biz/nancy-le-dc-san-jose ) She helped me get on the detox, www.standardprocess.com keeping in mind that it was to get clean and healthy. But the awesome bi-product of that is weight loss. "You want to loose weight? Eat healthy, get off your lumpy ass and run a mile" --the inspiring words from "skinny bitch"

So after each day for the past 7 months, I've set a daily goal to achieve. Picked myself back up when I cheated on my detox. Found support from all the wonderful people around me. I've allowed God to help me out when temptation was like an addiction. I was addicted to sugar, to that ooey, chewy, soft carby goodness. Today I still struggle, but I have learned soo many tools to overcome them, move on and be happy. Sometimes my daily goal is to run for an hour, or eat only raw foods. But then there are days, when the goal is to simply...BE HAPPY.

Today I am 60lbs lighter and still loosing. I'm 12 lbs lighter then the photo, I have muscles I've never seen before. I can run forever without losing my breath, I can play tennis and sprint like no ones business. My sicknesses have gone away. Most of all I can play with my nieces and nephews without needing a nap! I look great, and I feel it too. I'm clean from the inside out. The detox gives you a punch of goodness, and my hair shines, my skin is glowing, and my nails aren't brittle.

My favorite thing about it is, I smile more now. I'm positive and I don't let others get me down. The funny thing is, there are those who will praise and love you. But there are also those who will try to knock you down. Who will tell you, you don't need this. Or mock you for being cheesy and "Tony Robinson meets new age rah rah crap." So what if I sound like a happy motivational freak. This freak is becoming a skinny bitch, what about your saggy lumpy thunder thighs?

So people ask me all the time, "WHAT DO YOU EAT? "and "How do you make that?" This blog isn't just a rant from my noggin, but also a sharing of knowledge. So finally I will get on to how I made my very first and very successful gluten free brownie.


GLUTEN FREE DARK CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE MARBLE BROWNIE:
(this is the easiest version, otherwise you'll have to deal with complex combination of flours, so lets start simple for this first recipe!)

1 Package Bob's red mill brownie mix
1 cup warm water
3 organic eggs
2 table spoons organic gluten free vanilla extract
6-8 oz organic cream cheese
1 bar of 60% organic chocolate ( chopped) or 8 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
1/4 cup cane sugar

Directions:

-Preheat oven 350F

Brownie
-In one bowl, mix 2 eggs, vanilla and warm water.
-In another bowl combine, brownie mix, cocoa powder, chocolate
-Add the dry to the wet slowly.
-do not over mix. once all dry ingredients are mixed into the wet stop mixing. (you don't want -tough brownies!)

Cheese Cake
-In another bowl beat 1 egg cheesecake mixture and 3/4 cup cane sugar, beat until fluffy

-line a 12x8 inch pan with parchment paper so it doesn't stick to the bottom of your pan
-pour half the mix in first (spread it evenly or it wont cook evenly, it will be stiff unlike gluten brownies, its OK.
-pour in the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly
-the last layer, pour the rest of the brownie mix. spread as evenly as possible. in doing so it will cook evenly and you'll have a marble look which is pretty too.
-Bake for 35 mins check with toothpick or knife, if tooth pick comes out clean, its done, take out and let cool before cutting and serving.
-if batter is uneven and some parts are not cooked, turn oven to "low or warm" and let it sit in the oven for 1o more mins.

Serve with a scoop of organic vanilla ice cream to create a melodious song and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great first post! I wish you the best for your new blog and continued weight loss.

    ReplyDelete